When you think of powerful clean many people's first thought is bleach. Bleach is a common cleaning product for many people because of its versatility and cleaning power. You can use bleach for many different jobs from getting stains out of clothing to disinfecting bathrooms. But when it comes to mold clean up bleach is not an acceptable cleaning product.
Bleach is not the answer for mold clean up and can actually contribute negatively to certain mold problems. Chlorine bleach can only kill surface mold but mold can grow deep roots within porous surfaces such as wood or drywall. Because the bleach cannot penetrate to destroy mold growth at the roots bleach will not help stop the growth from coming back. If fact, the only component of the bleach that can reach the roots is the water component which can actually feed the mold growth.
Check out these photos from a home whose owner tried to clean up mold themselves with the use of Clorox bleach. Within 48 hours the bleach made the mold growth 10x worse!
When it comes to mold removal the most important thing is to stop mold from growing. Mold cannot grow without a moisture source so first find the cause of moisture and make any necessary changes to assure the mold will not return and the area is properly dried and ventilated. This will make certain that the mold roots are removed and will not return.
If you have mold in your home or business the best thing to do is call the professionals at Mold guys Restoration. We have been in the industry for over 20 years and understand the proper ways to remediate mold issues from your property. Don’t let mold growth control your home - Call us today for your free quote!