Every September is Mold Awareness Month. While mold is hard to prevent in most cases, stopping it from growing is very much in everyone’s control. This blog will cover why mold should not be neglected on a property.
Why Is September Mold Awareness Month?
While mold can be prevalent at any point in the year, September is a popular month for growth. This is due to the fact September is a month that is both warm and humid. Two conditions that mold loves.
What Do I Need To Know About Mold?
- Mold is a problem for property owners and the property itself
- Mold can grow in less than 24 hours
- Mold can affect allergies
- Mold thrives in moist conditions
- Mold can technically be anywhere
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In September?
There are many measures property owners can take to mitigate mold growth in September.
- Keep humidity low. When the weather is hot and humidity is low, mold can grow quickly. A good way to balance out the humidity and heat is to have a dehumidifier handy. A dehumidifier can not only help you mitigate mold, but it can also help keep you comfortable as well!
- Do not ignore any leaks. Whether it is a leaky pipe or ceiling, address the situation as soon as possible. Water is often a source for mold
- Do not forget to ventilate. Most bathrooms these days are equipped with a ventilation fan. Leaving a ventilation fan on for roughly 25 minutes after a shower is an ideal way to minimize the chances mold can spawn.
Professional Mold Services in Bridgwater, MA: MoldGuys Restoration
MoldGuys offers versatile mold services throughout the state of Massachusetts. Day or night, whenever you have a mold problem that needs to be addressed, our team can handle it. Our team comes highly experienced, offers post-mold cleanup and will not be satisfied until our customers are. Contact us today to get started on restoring your property after mold strikes!